Liquidlogic has a market leading Children’s solution that comprises social care, early help, and education management functionality. With the addition of its EHCP and SEN Support module, it is ideally placed to assist Local Authorities that are looking for a solution to support their statutory obligations to provide services for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
The solution is integrated on a single database, with user profiles to determine the data which can be viewed. Data can be re-used across the solution meaning that professionals are not only aware of activity in other areas, but can utilise the data captured elsewhere, which avoids unnecessary re-keying and ensures that information is displayed to professionals where it is needed. One example of this within the Education, Health and Care Plan is where the Care Element can automatically display a Looked after Child’s current Care Plan.
Having this functionality embedded within the Liquidlogic Children’s solution avoids the dangers and inefficiencies of the child’s record being fragmented across multiple systems; something which OFSTED has been critical of in Local Authority inspections.
"Information systems do not allow different agencies and services to share information in a timely way or to check on the well-being, safety and quality of the experience of children and young people quickly enough."
The Liquidlogic EHCP module includes:
- Full compliance with the 20 Week Statutory Process
- Workflow to support the EHCP Assessment,Planning and Review process
- Independent SEN Support Workflow
- Locally configurable forms, facilitating multi-agency and service user contributions
- Appeals & Mediation stages
- Real-time dashboard to track active cases across the 20-week process
- Reports in the application and via a warehouse and Business Object Chronologies
- EHCP ‘Transfer In’ process from other Local Authorities
- Access to the GIAS data import for Consulting with Schools (available to *EYES customers)
- Integrated reporting across EHCP and EYES (available to EYES* customers)
- Secure area for Forms, Case Notes and Documents
- Configurable to use local terminology
- Strikethrough text formatting tools to support the Appeal Process
- Ability to generate statutory letters
- Configurable alerts for key activities and timescales
- Produces the SEN2 Statutory Return
- Personal budgets
- Mobile working app (Windows, iOS and Android)
*EYES = The Liquidlogic Education and Early Years System.
“Liquidlogic’s EHCP module has been well adopted, is used widely and improved assessment quality and speed. Users are positive and can see the benefits.”
Jonathan Sayer, Project Manager, Cheshire East Council
“Trafford is a SEND and EHCP Pathfinder. We chose the Liquidlogic solution because their EHCP and SEN functionality is in their integrated Early Help & Children’s Social Care solution, and this supports our strategy for EHCP to be integrated with Social Care and Early Help.
We like the fact that we can control who can see and do what across the spectrum of EHCP, Early Help and Social Care. We see their solution as a one stop shop for the range of activities that support and protect children and families. We also liked the functionality available, for example financial management and customer portal; as well as support for the SEN returns.”
Cathy Rooney, Head of Service – Safeguarding & Special Educational Needs at Trafford Council
By enabling a solution to be truly integrated across Education, Social Care and Early Help, with easy access for Health Partners and other key agencies responsible for the delivery of services to children with SEND, Local Authorities can make a real difference to children with SEND. Professionals have the information they need to drive up standards and compliance and improve commissioning and outcomes.
The Liquidlogic EHCP/SEN Support solution encompasses the following:
- Creates a Single Record for every child, so that all interventions are linked up and shared as required to safeguard and support their welfare.
- Reduces the need for families to have to ‘retell’ their stories for different professionals.
- Provides easy workflows for staff to meet their statutory obligations at individual child level.
- Supports multi-agency working through secure access with partner agencies.
- Links 3rd party systems into your solution to enable information sharing and ensure everyone knows who is involved in working with a child.
- Captures the voice of children and those caring for them through integrated portal technology.
- Accesses a powerful Data Warehouse to enable Local Authorities to incorporate 3rd party data sets (for example Health) and develop local reports to capture all interventions and services to inform commission strategy.
- Information can be copied forward from all Liquidlogic core forms into the EHC Assessment.