Our Testers do detail. Can you lead them?
Liquidlogic is looking for an experienced Test & QA Manager to join a very successful and growing mid-sized company based in our beautiful offices and gardens in a converted manor house in the rural outskirts of Leeds. This person will be responsible for leading and co-ordinating the activities of a number of testing teams to bring a more standardised and structured approach across the company and improve overall software quality.
This will include overseeing and leading on all aspects of software QA including automated and manual testing. We need the right individual to boost this team and contribute to our expansion plans. The successful candidate will need to be dynamic and be able to deliver to the highest standards of test approach and methodology and be able to manage multiple projects in parallel as well as business wide programmes in a fast-paced environment.
The post offers good career opportunities with a company that has a demonstrable track record of promoting from within.
Liquidlogic has grown rapidly in the last 15 years to the point where the company is the market leader in the provision of specialist software for local authority social services and children’s services departments.
Our applications are web-based workflow solutions that include mobile apps and customer portals. They provide modern and intuitive user interfaces to support critical processes for both social care professionals and the public. The successful candidate will play a vital role in testing solutions in a service area that is comparatively advanced in its use of technology, and that helps to protect vulnerable people.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of QA processes and continuous improvement of functional and non-functional testing at all levels, including but not limited to Agile QA, Integration testing, Regression testing, Automated testing, Technical Testing, Performance Testing, Stress/Load testing, Security testing.
- Deliver to time, cost and quality consistently across multiple projects in parallel as well as business wide programme.
- Determine the most appropriate testing for each project and produce an appropriate test strategy and test delivery plan defining deliverable milestones, test tasks and activities; tracks progress against this and implements strategies to recover slippage.
- Recruit and coach QA staff to deliver to a high standard of test approach, methodology and execution.
- Manage the Test Leads and define roles and responsibilities across the test teams.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure QA environments are available, maintained and updated to support upcoming test requirements and are populated with suitable and appropriate test data sets.
- Ensure QA tracking and reporting is executed and evidenced to meet ISO9001 audit requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of managing testing teams
- Experience of implementing testing processes
- Experience of all aspects of testing including functional and non-functional using both manual and automated testing approaches.
- Experience of testing commercial applications within a busy team atmosphere.
- Excellent understanding of software testing techniques and test processes and proven track record in delivering high quality solutions.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills both orally and in writing.
- Experience of diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues.
- Ability to organise, co-ordinate and prioritise personal and team day to day work load.
- Experience of testing browser-based solutions essential and a good understanding of cross browser testing.
- Experience of testing mobile solutions would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Social Care or Community Health Care systems would be beneficial.
- Experience of testing in an Agile development environment is highly desirable.
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com or call the HR Department on 01622 691616 for more information.