Senior Test Analysts - Do you put the dream work in teamwork?
Multiple Vacancies Available
What are we looking for?
Due to continued company growth, we are looking for a number of experienced and talented Senior Test Analysts to join a very successful and growing team. The posts offer good career opportunities with a company that has a demonstrable track record of promoting from within. The roles are office based with the option for a degree of home working.
The successful candidates will join our team in further developing Liquidlogic’s market leading Children’s and Adults’ Social Services and education management software. We need the right individuals to boost our teams and contribute to our expansion plans.
Liquidlogic has grown rapidly in the last 10 years to the point where the company is the market leader in the provision of specialist software for local authority social services and education departments.
Our applications are web-based workflow solutions that include mobile apps and customer portals. They provide modern and intuitive user interfaces to support critical processes for both social care professionals and the public. The successful candidates will play a vital role in testing solutions in a service area that is comparatively advanced in its use of technology.
• Real passion for testing and quality
• Flexible and creative attitude
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Innovative and self-driven with an ability to motivate others
• Good analytical skills with the ability to diagnose, report, track and resolve issues
• Provide reports/ feedback on progress throughout iterations and roadmap development cycles in accordance with implementations, roadmaps and project specification timescales
• Advise on testing requirements in accordance with roadmaps and project specifications
• Work closely with colleagues to ensure software solutions meet specified quality and acceptance criteria
• Lead the creation of acceptance criteria alongside developers, analysts and product owners
• Perform impact assessment on proposed changes to manage test issues and risk
• Drive continuous improvement in all areas of the STLC and work collaboratively with Development and Test Leads to align processes and improvements
• Creation and execution of Test scripts
• Clear logging of Issues in the defect management system, inclusive of repeatable replication steps
• Escalation of impacts and issues to relevant team members
• Manage, mentor, train and develop test analysts to improve test practices and processes
• Workload management for a team of test analysts
• Creation and maintenance of Test Documentation
• Peer review team members work and provide feedback on suggested improvements
• Provide input to line manager for one to one meetings, appraisals and performance reviews
• Take Ownership of both Test Environment and Test Data creation and maintenance
• Ensuring Test Sign off prior to release and the production of Release Notes
• Work effectively with all product team members to achieve the overall organisation goals
• Take personal responsibility for undertaking research and self-development which drives continuous improvement in the overall delivery of your job role
• Willingness to work to ISTQB (or equivalent) standards with a minimum of foundation level
Skills and Experience:
You will need at least 5+ years hands-on testing experience and an excellent understanding of the full software development lifecycle and all testing phases, plus experience in the following:
• Strong understanding of testing processes, methodologies and best practices
• Experience of software testing, at system and user levels
• Experience of Test Planning, execution and reporting of results to stakeholders
• Creation and maintenance of test scripts and other product related documentation
• Exposure to Automation, Security and Performance Testing
• Experience of working within an Agile Development framework (Scrum, Kanban)
• Experience in the use of Test Management Software such as Test Rail
• Experience in the use of ALM Tools such as Jira and Rally
• Experience of Test Environment management
• Definition and implementation of Test Data Requirements
• Experience of Team or Line Management
• Ability to organise and delegate workloads to team members
• Proven experience of the ability to communicate with business and technical personnel
• Proven problem solving skills and is adaptable/flexible in an ever changing environment
• Testing accreditation/certification (ISTQB, ISEB)
All about us…
We are the market leader in case management and workflow systems for local authorities, with particular expertise in Social Care and Education Management. Liquidlogic systems make a real difference to people’s lives by helping professionals to co-ordinate their activities.
We are also an accredited ‘Best Company’ and genuinely care about our employees, paying excellent salaries and offering a full range of benefits. These include private healthcare, pension, gym, mobile phone and insurance discounts and a generous bonus scheme.
We’re not all about the ‘9 to 5’, we pride ourselves on being a flexible employer. We have a track record of promoting from within and have done so for over 40% of staff. Importantly, we have a very high retention rate - once you’re with us you’ll never want to leave!
What do our staff think?
"The option for flexible working is a real plus and I have definitely noticed a marked improvement in my work/ life balance since joining Liquidlogic. Without a doubt the best thing about working here is the people. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and I genuinely feel valued and appreciated for my efforts."
Apply now to join the Liquidlogic family by sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR Department at System C on 01622 691 616 for more information.
Liquidlogic is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to achieving a working environment which provides equality of opportunity and freedom from unlawful discrimination.